Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Delicious Pumpkin Pancakes!

I love pumpkin flavored food! Coffee, desserts, breakfast foods-if it has pumpkin in it, chances are I will eat it. This is one of my favorite recipes to make during the holiday season. Actually, during the winter season in general! And they are so good, you don't even need syrup or butter with them to eat. They are almost like pumpkin cake. Almost. They are definitely delicious with butter and syrup, and sometimes I make them with whipped cream.

Here is what you will need:


  • 1 1/2 cups milk


Everything you will need minus the egg. It didn't want to be photographed. It's shy.



    In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, vanilla and brown sugar. I added the brown sugar to the wet ingrediants instead of the dry because it tends to clump up and not dissolve properly when added to the wet mixture.  Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. Don't overmix or else the pancakes won't be as fluffy.



The batter will be super thick, almost like mousse.

The batter will be super thick, almost like mousse. Resist the thought of adding extra milk! The batter is supposed to be thick.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Use the back of the spoon to slightly spread the batter out.




 Brown on both sides and serve hot with syrup, butter, or whipped cream. They are so good you can eat them without anything! Resist the urge to eat the whole stack. These freeze really well. Just stack on top of each other with wax paper inbetween, and heat up in the microwave for thirty seconds.




Any favorite fall recipes?



XOXO
 

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious I need to try this recipe. Bytheway I love your rose and cobalt blue earrings. They are on my christmas wish list :)

    www.caylisue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those are new to the shop! I love them, and am tempted to make another pair to keep for myself!

      And the pancakes WERE delicious! You should definitely try them!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I appreciate every one of them, and read them all! I'll do my best to reply.=)